Friday, March 27, 2009

Porsche







I bought it about one year ago(on 27/08/2007).The ad was on two sites,autoscout24 and ebay,I tried to call the guy when I first saw the car but he wouldnt answer,tried several times but nothing.I realy liked the car even if the pics werent that convincing.Didnt had mutch of a choise at the time,found just one more but it was an 83 and a real project,the pre 85.5 interior is not that good looking anyway.I decided to bid on ebay and i won,called him after the auction and he answerd,he told me he forgot to remove the ad because he allready had a buyer but now he is forced to sell it to me because of the auction,guess he didnt want to lose feedback,its not like he lost money anyway and i'm very happy that i got the car.It was kinda cool when i went to see and pick up the car,i went by train so i could drive the car home myself and he came to get me from the station.He came in a 1991 Isuzu Impulse RS,never seen one before that day,he gave me the ride of my life in that thing lol,it sticks to the road like glue,i didn't know what to hold on to first lol.We went to his garage where he also had a 300zx,Saab 900 cabrio,1990's Jaguar xj,the 944 ofcourse,a Yamaha R1 and a Yamaha Drag star.Now was his turn to ride shotgun,the test drive hehe.It was a nice area where he had the garage,lots of very nice traffic free back roads so i drove the hell out of it,there was this jump in the road(like a ramp) and i took it at speed and the rear end wiggled a bit,man he gave me a look like he was about to strangle me,it was fun,i also had to make a u turn in the middle of the road because i kinda got lost and it was my first real encounter with the 944's manual steering,what i can tell you is if the cops had showed up they would have had to wait 10min before they could give me a ticket,i soon got used to it and i can turn it even with one hand now lol.After that we took the Drag star and went to sort out the documents for the car(put it in my name,bill of sale etc.),guess what happend lol,the Drag star doesn't have a fuel level sender and he forgot to check the level before we left.On the way back to the garage,on the highway,in the middle of nowhere,the bike started acting up,what could be wrong lol,and dont for one second expect that someone would stop to give a helping hand.I stayed with the bike and the dumb ass that forgot to check the level went on foot to get gas,it was a long 2 hours lol,he finally got back,we got to the garage,got the car out,left him his stinky floor mats and left for the 400km journey home.It was an interesting and fun day and the car drove flawlessly all the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment